A blue flashing light on the tracker is an indication that the tracker is either not connected to the internet or that the sim card is not registered on the network (and therefore also not connected to the internet).
This problem relates to the cell network and is commonly associated with poor signal or a configuration issue on the sim card.
Initial Trouble Shooting: #
1. Once the sim card is in check if the device can be shutdown by pressing the power button for a few seconds .If it can’t it means the device has recognised that a sim card has been inserted.
2. Please try call the device’s cell number using your mobile phone. If it answers immediately then the sim is registered on the network – if it doesn’t then your sim has not been registered on the network.
2a. If it answers but the blue light is flashing then your problem relates to the sim card and data – see data trouble shooting
2b. If it does not answer the problem relates to the cell network – see network trouble shooting
Data Trouble Shooting #
1. The sim card. Let’s double check that data has been enabled – it’s easy to test in a smart phone. Sometimes when airtime is loaded onto a sim card out of bundle data doesn’t get enabled. To check make sure the phones wifi is off and that you can connect to the internet. Alternatively if you are using out-of-bundle data ensure that you have airtime and out-of-bundle data is enabled.
2. The tracker has a small low power antennae. In areas with low reception sometimes the tracker struggles to connect to the tower.
2a. Use the network with the best reception in the area.
2b. Take the tracker outside and see if it connects.
3. Alternatively please SMS the command – pw,123456,ts# – to the tracker and send the results back to firstname.lastname@example.org
Network Trouble Shooting #
1. The tracker has a small low power antennae. In areas with low reception sometimes the tracker struggles to connect to the tower.
1a. Ensure that the network you’ve selected has good coverage in your area. If not select the best coverage network.
1b. Take the unit outside or take it with you to another location to test if it can connect to the network.
Please note that the device is designed to remain on while a sim card is detected. To force a shutdown hold the power button for 30 seconds.